- Full Time Healthcare Assistants
Salary: € Negotiable
Glenashling Nursing Home – are recruiting permanent full-time Healthcare Assistants with Public/Private Nursing Home/Residential experience.
Candidates need to have a minimum of a QQI Level 5 or be currently undertaking their Fetac Level 5 in a Healthcare or Social Care discipline.
Candidates must have a proven track record with knowledge and experience as a HCA. All candidates must have a good understanding of the current HIQA standards.
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates who want to participate in building a dedicated team for the provision of excellence in residential care.
By joining Glenashling Nursing Home we will provide you with the opportunity to work with the elderly, convalescence and transitional/respite residents. We will provide all employees with a variety of training opportunities and we will support all employees in developing skills which will allow them to expand their role.
- To be accountable for high standards of care.
- To take full responsibility for the care assigned.
- To keep accurate and quality records as required under the HIQA standards.
- To carry out all aspects of care according to the person’s needs, as per his/her agreed care plan.
- To ensure that the Glenashling Nursing Home is secure and safe at all times and that fire and emergency policies and procedures are strictly adhered to.
- To inform your line manager of any deficiencies, anomalies or concerns.
- To be familiar with all statutory instruments of legislation concerning nursing homes and to be familiar with all nursing policies and procedures within the Glenashling Nursing Home.
- To treat all information and Glenashling data in a secure and confidential manner.
- To carry out such other duties appropriate to the post as directed by management.JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Have completed a Patient Manual Handling course within the last 18 months.
- Have all relevant international police clearances.
- Must have eligibility to work in Ireland.
- Previous experience in elderly care is desirable.
- All job offers are subject to Garda vetting, self-declaration, successful references and pre-employment medical.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Good organisation and communication skills with fluent written and spoken English.
HOW TO APPLY If you wish to apply for a HCA position with Glenashling, please send your C.V. along with full contact details as a single Word attachment by email to firstname.lastname@example.org